If you want to drive abroad, you should have a valid international driving license. Some people also call the international driving permit y the name of an international driving license in uk. e-idp.co.uk permits you to drive in multiple countries by providing a Uk driving license.
What is an international driving permit?
The IDP allows you to drive a vehicle in more than 150 countries, including Uk. If you want to drive a vehicle in abroad, then you must carry your international driving permit with you.
There are three types of international driving permits, and which ones you should carry are based on the country where you want to drive. If you want to drive a vehicle in more than one country, you should carry more than 1 international driving permit. Once your IDP is expired, you have to fill out the application and renew you’re driving permit.
Keep in your mind that the IDP is different from a green card that is used as proof of car insurance abroad.
When you required the international driving permit?
In some countries, it is a legal requirement to carry your international driving permit. But in some countries, it is not compulsory to carry IDP.
Remember that a car rental company does not rent your car if you do not have your international driving permit. So, it is suggested to carry your IDP if you want to rent a car in abroad.
You should carry your IDP if you want to drive in the United States. You may also show your international driving license in Uk to the insurance company if you have any involvement in an accident while driving.
Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and Japan
In most non-EU countries, you should carry your IDP to drive
Types of IDP you must have
At e-idp.co.uk, you can issue three types of international driving permits.
- IDP 1926
- IDP 1949
- IDP 1968
Which type of driving permit you are required to issue depends on the country where you are going to drive.
What if you drive without the IDP
Driving without an international driving permit in the UK comes under illegal activities. As a result, the person has to pay fines or penalties.
How much fine the person pay is based on country. If you drive the car but are not able to show your valid IDP or driving license, then either you need to pay a fine or have your vehicle confiscated.
If you have a rental car and this happens, then the rental car company is likely to pay to find to release their car from the police.
How to apply for IDP online?
It is easy and simple to apply for an international driving permit online. To get your IDP, you have to apply at e.idp.co.uk online.
At e-idp.co.uk, you can easily apply for IDP online. They can issue you both conventional IDPs, 1926 and 1949, that are valid in more than 150 countries.
Ensure to check the eligibility criteria before applying for the IDP online.
- It would be best if you were 18 years old to apply for an international driving permit online.
- You should have your valid driving license to apply for IDP
- You must be a Uk resident to become eligible for an international driving permit online
Necessary documents to submit while applying for IDP
- Valid driving license and copies
- Valid passport and copies
- Valid visa
- Copy of air ticket for verification
- Valid medical certificate
- Application for issue of IDP
- Passport size photographs
- User charges and prescribed fees
How long does the IDP last
The international driving permit UK lasts for 1 to 5 years, based on the type of IDP you are applying for. If you have the 1926 permits, then they last for 1 year. If you have the 1949 permits, then they last for 3 years. On the other hand, the 1968 permits last for 5 years.
Benefits of having the international driving permit
There are a range of benefits to having your international driving license in the Uk
- IDP permits you to drive a vehicle in foreign countries
- IDP is accepted as proof of driving capabilities and credentials
- It works like the recognized driving licenses, where your local driving license are not works
- IDP is also used as identity proof along with your valid passport and driving license.
- It is also used if your current driving license is not in the language spoken in the country where you drive. In this way, IDP helps to eliminate the foundation of language barriers.
- It is use in more than 150 countries
- Valid IDP also allows you to rent the car under the legal standards
At e-idp.co.uk, you can easily apply for an international driving permit online. You only need to check your eligibility, complete documentation and get your IDP.